Originally Posted By tomtuttle
What kind of receiver are you using, Cork?

And are you controlling playback from the receiver's remote or some other mobile device?

Do you have to have your display (TV) on in order to navigate your music collection successfully?

Sorry tt, I don't visit the forum regularly.

My receiver is the RX-V673. I usually use the receiver's remote, but I've used my Logitech universal on occasion.

I keep my TV on because it's the easiest, but the receiver has 2 or 3 lines you can use to select a song. It would be hard to browse, but you could select something if you knew where it was.

There are a few tablet apps (for Apple, Google, and Amazon devices). Now that you mention it I'll give the Google one a try; with any luck I'll have time tonight.

By the way, I've also used a Roku3 to get to the music. And that's easy to set up also. There are tablet mirroring apps for the Roku too.

I have to add, I think using the heavy-weight 3rd party apps, like Kodi, are overkill for music. If you were also streaming video then sure, but you can get a cheap 1 or 2 drive NAS and be streaming in a flash. A single drive would give you plenty of room for music, but I like using the NAS in redundancy mode so I have a shot at catching a disk failure. (I don't back anything up because if on the off chance both drives fail, I still have all my CDs.)

Last edited by Cork; 07/01/15 02:25 PM.