Originally Posted By Mojo
You are surprised and I am shocked. All these years we've been telling each other all electronics are the same, as long as their power is rated equally and frequency response is flat then they all sound the same blah blah blah.

I have never believed this and was vocal in my early days on this forum (2002ish). It was not popular then to believe that only speakers made the difference. I had several forum members listen to my systems in various configurations (inexpensive source, inexpensive amp, super expensive speakers ranging to expensive source and amp and inexpensive speakers) and to a person the consensus was invest in source and electronics first. I know this is not a popular direction on a board hosted by a speaker mfg'er, but I have known Ian (albeit somewhat remotely) since 1990ish...and he has never censored me!! LOL!

Just to add names to devices, the most satisfying devices tended to be the YBA amps, Totem Mani 2 and Reference 3a Suprema speakers and the Linn turntable or Linn CD player. When I used the Axioms I had at the time - AX3 - they were incredible when driven/fed properly.

Axiom has always provided great value for the audio $$ and have been the only speakers that have stayed with me since purchase in 1989. The AX3's were dropped off for trade in during the 30th anniversary party (replaced with M80's) and I have expanded the fleet (VP160, QS8's and dual EP350's) and they still put a smile on my face daily!