Last night, I actually had a spare hour to do some listening to a "Masters of Acoustic Guitar" speaker. SO - for a interesting test that was inspired after watching a video on the $30,000 per pair Magnepan 30.7's - I walked around the room including to the sides and behind the speakers.

No matter where you went, it sounded like a guy was playing the guitar in the room. It was slightly less palpable behind the speakers, as one would expect when walking behind the guy playing guitar.

If you read between the lines in Ian's posts on the LFR-1100 Actives, he will often say "we are onto something here."

They are onto something here, and the science is getting noticed in a LOT of places. Floyd Toole developed the idea, and companies are taking it to heart in flagship speakers.

In 40 years of a hobbyist, I have seen countless times where speaker and amplifier companies touted a "live - you are there" sound. The technology today is getting us closer to that happening all the time.

Where Axiom has an edge is there are NO layers between the consumer and manufacturer. At the normal "I can wait 21 days" pricing, a full system with dual EP800's, 10 channels of ADA-1500, and the LFR-1100 actives are $19530.

Add this to the often used additional deals, and one can get down to close to $15 or $16K.

This is shipped to one's door, for a system flat to 12 Hz. Dynamics galore. A neutral sound that just present music without a hint of harshness at any listening level.

Music is here, and this is fantastic.