Curved Air, Andrew,

Thanks so much for the great info. Looks like I should buy one. Sounds pretty much like what I want. With the bonus of it it being a pre amp as well. ( I’ll need to get my head around there being no dial! Although I won’t be using it as a pre just yet anyway. )

Andrew thanks for the sarcasm there with the flavour of the moment DAC. (I’m assuming it was ) While researching and reading about DACs it’s easy to get caught up in the hyperbole of bit rates and quality unfolds and airy transients. I have no doubt that 32 bit mqa may sound better or different but in all reality, I’m DACing thru my ancient tv into “ old “ m60ti. So I think I’ll be happy with 24/192 via a modern device. I’m also one step closer to adding some more power to my setup.

The one thing I’ve found is that the recording quality REALLY matters. I have songs I play over and over bc they sound great vs others. I’m always searching for “ the good ones. “. I can turn the SPL up and up on good recordings. It’s just incredible. Andrew I tried out your recommended ones from your video the other day. Brubeck Quartet was great but I didn’t get the separation you talked about. So. I’ve got some work to do. I pulled my speakers out into the room and have been playing around ALOT with placement and adjustment. Super fun. I’ve got a bunch of other ideas to run past you guys but I ll leave it there.

I’m loving streaming music and keep finding new to me artists and albums. Or reading equipment reviews or ideas from this forum I just look it up and listen. It’s great!

Ok that went off topic but thanks for listening to my coffee induced ( west coast ) morning rant and comments. Music and my axiom speakers and this forum reading / posting has been a great diversion from everything else and calming. All the best to you guys out there enjoying tunes!

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595