I have a Denon 3805. There are several things I love about it..
It started at the beginning of our relationship. I opened the box and ouuooo.. the smell rose for the packaging. Now I know that all new components come with a smell but this was different. I cant put my finger on the familarity, maybe Victoria Secret models do packing for Denon on slow days I am not sure. Then there is the door, with a gently stroke of a finger it responds with a gently gracefull swoop, open itself to your command of every aspect of audio adjustment thought possible. Again gentle strokes of a finger and crossover frequencies, distant delay rates, db adjustments for individual speakers, input choices, even multiple programable function are available. Then the quality of sound seems endless. When I think I can't possible go anymore a gentle twist of the volume and I reach a new plateau of blissful listening. I am no audiophile superman, but she brings out the best in me.

I realized early on that there may be some jealousy issues. My plasma has been a remarkable partner. I waited to introduce them to each other, in fear of being given an ultimatum... "It's me or her", has echoed the walls of my home to many times. A few component connections later and the fear subsided, replaced by a feeling of Kingship. Not only did they not argue, but they developed a bond. She (Denon 3805) would upconvert any signal input (S video, component ect) to component for Ms. Plasma's pleasure. On the other end, She immediately began to command the Axiom 60's QS8 and vp150 to please me. She did this with expertise and remarkably well before any calibration or request on my part.

This brings up calibration. Many times women (especially since the late 60's)resist any attempts at change eminating from a man. She begs for it. And Understanding.. She understanding when I was tired from attic trips and running speaker wires and offered to just let me relax and enjoy myself while she auto calibrated. I had to explain to her that the boys on Axiom forum would be dissappointed if I took the easy way out.

On the first ocassion we were seperated, I carried with me her remote. Again another remarkable piece. It is capable of commanding all functions, to all other components in the room and the next room over ( with IR repeater). Programable to your every whim. Buttons change at your discretion. Just like the the main piece the remote is sensitive. To activate it, I need not even touch it. I havent figured it out yet, either movement or heat causes the touch pad to turn on, and beckon to be used.

Now this relationship is new, and like all new relationships things are not always what the seem like at first. Will it withstand the test of time, will she calm the wanderlust of upgrade the seems to always stir inside of me. I can not answer that, but I do know that the void she fills has had a dramatic effect on me. No longer do I hit ebay search engines looking for another. Since the day she came in my life, I have not visited manufacturers websites like Onkyo, Yamaha, ect.. At this time I feel complete and at peace.

My experience may be unordinary so take it for what its worth. I am not an audiophilist. I know nothing of the wave thingies that bounce of the walls, or frequency response, "brightness", "open", and such terms confuse me. After following the man path of not opening the instructions, I felt I should (for her) learn more about her. I quickly came to a realization the whomever wrote the guide on operating her was a complete moron, or extremely smart and assummed I was also of the same intelligence level. Confusion set in, panic overcame me, insecurities, that my lack of ability to entertain my new found love would drive her to another, riddled my thoughts. Mentally tormented, I again ran my finger across her door and she opened. A gentle voice crept in my thoughts.... "Its ok, We will figure this out together, we have all the time in the world", "Oh and dont feel bad, He was a moron"

I am happy to say the least..