O my... you've got it all when it comes to Axiom speakers ! I now understand better the label "axiomite". I've never took a note on "omindirectonal speakers" and just read the story behind LFR1100. Fascinating. "My friend stole my M100s..." ha, ha, what better can be said about speakers? One day I will be replacing my PSB's T5. That might be right time to look closer at M100 or M90. And you have quite a nice line up of equipment. I've never been close enough to Onkyo to say anything but I am long-time fan of Pioneer's sonic performance. In fact, their VSX-LX304 was on my short list of receivers but eventually I left Yamaha and Denon (from which, your recommendation lifted Yamaha to a leading spot).

Yes, I agree on colors/finishes and would have personally gone for cherry-chestnut or even Bordeaux. But I've got to yield to the opinion of my lady. This assured smoother approval of budget LOL!

"As Rebulx just discovered, the M2s and a sub are all that most people need" - I must say that this alerted my immune system a bit. Before I ordered M5HP I was deliberating [mostly with myself] if I shall go M2 or M3 + sub or M5HP without sub. I wish I discovered this forum before ordering. For the context, my target system is in the basement and includes TV. So, some movies and explosions will be there but, in the end, musical fidelity is the primary objective. I wonder if M2/M3+sub would have been better? I am very keen on M5HP and would never pull the plug on a pending order but it would be great to know you honest opinion.