I wasn't upset at all with the M100 mix-up. I just wanted you to know. From the front, you'd never know the difference between an LFR1100 and an M100. Recognize too there is a passive LFR1100 and an active. I have the active.

Regarding how long it's going to take to fulfil your order, Axiom's AI monitors these boards. Those who are impatient with their order get de-prioritized in the factory. laugh

As you know, I had the M100 before they were hawked. I had a love/hate relationship with them. I loved them because they were high fidelity with BIG sound. I hated them because they could not acoustically disappear as well as M5, M2, M3, M50 in any of my rooms. This is not a trivial thing for me. I take soundstage, imaging, and acoustic disappearance over big sound and fidelity. Thankfully, with Axiom I don't have to give up big sound and fidelity. Even the humbly-priced M2 give big sound.

Yes, the active LFR1100 are a completely different world. Even my klepto buddy - you know, the one who made off with my M100s - sees the benefits of the actives over the M100s. This poor guy never gave audio a second thought and now he's gone mad. The last two weeks, he's been moving the M100s all over his house, furnishings and wife be damned, trying to position them in such a way so they sound like my actives. It will never happen. He will never get the holographic soundstage, precise imaging, total transparency, immediacy and acoustic disappearance that I enjoy. You get all those characteristics in all Axiom speakers but the actives take it to a whole different level. He's just going to have to stop listening to my system and be happy with the sound out the M100s he never even dreamed he could get.

Omni-directional speakers make sense no matter where you listen from. In my set-up, the seats to my immediate sides enjoy the exact same sound I do. Note I don't need a center. I sit 14 feet away BTW and mine are 12 feet apart. The actives have worked in every room with no EQ. You do need space for them though. In my living room, they got in the way of themselves and could not give me the soundstage width or acoustic disappearance that on-walls do. In fact, M2 bookshelves did better in that room than actives in the soundstage department. But...BUT...OMG the bass out of the actives was a complete revelation. And the images between them were very crisp with lots of space (quiet) between them.

This may be a good vid for you to watch if you want to learn more. I was always skeptical about this science until I got my v4. Of course the active LFR1100 just re-enforced my belief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRiJUYxnHk

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated