Originally Posted by casey01
any meaningful inventory would probably not be available until February at the earliest.
I will probably not be in the market this year ... I'll will get by with the 8805 till something changes my mind ... I need to evaluate if more channels would be a help. I suspect that content will play a big role in that. That said I alway reserve the right to upgrade just because.

not convinced that the price differential is worth it between the 90 and 70.
If the 90 was a lot less it would be temping for subwoofer control (I have 4). But I'm almost certain that I won't hear the difference between the 70 and the 90.

Of course, the upgraded "Genesis" ARC room calibration software in all of their new AVR and Pre-Pros is regarded as being right up there with the best of them.

Anthem did initially announce that any manual set-up would only be available in an outboard app(no on-screen programming) from which almost immediately they received a considerable amount of pushback and apparently re-introduced it back into their units.
ARC would be interesting to try. I have no trouble doing that with an App. I rather do it by touch then on screen. I actually would not mind it if they got rid of all the on screen stuff. I'd dedicate an old iPad to it.

Anyway, I mainly set up manually and its been working out well. Much better than Audacity although I may try the Audacity App and see if that makes a difference.

I was having an issue with a a quiet, however, noticeable ground loop hum that I pinpointed through my cable box, the balanced connections ultimately, totally silenced. For that reason alone, personally, in future, I don't think I would ever go back to an AVR.
I'm not sure I follow ... sounds like your blaming a ground loop on the AVR.