Cranes, I agree with you. I treat wine in many respects like audio. It's a value proposition . I can appreciate a single note wine when it's under $6 but expect a lot more at $12. At $30 only once in a while do I find one that's worth it. I've only been disappointed in wines over $50 ... many I felt should have been price at $12. Of course, I keep trying.

My friends in France assure me that you need not spend that ... One of them told me to buy it early and store it for a few years ... I'm trying that but I think he has a slight advantage when great vineyards are but a drive away and top notch ones are walking distance from his fathers house. It's amazing what they pull out of their cellars ... have yet to get anything close here.

Casey,

On AVRs I'm also with you ... I try and purchase ones with at least the front preouts. It seems you need to hit the $1000us range (+/-) to get it. I think the marketers have figured out that people who are in the know want precuts and are willing to pay for it.

Last edited by rrlev; 02/22/21 01:35 AM.