Originally Posted by rrlev
Money is a funny thing in wine, audio, and ...
it sometimes gets you something better and a lot of the times not.
Often the cost of getting 90% of where you want to go is less then the next 5%, which is less then the next 2.

But also as often your paying for perception ... be it brand, style, or pure marketing bull.

About 30 years ago I bought an Omega watch. It told time as well as my $10 watch at 100 times the cost. It was a pride of ownership thing ...

Side note: it broke 5 or 6 years after its purchase and the jeweler wanted almost 3/4 it’s original cost to fix it. So it sits in a drawer now as I can’t seem to throw the POS away.

My Omega broke as well.

As to speakers, I have heard some relatively pricey speakers (Wilsons, Harbeths) which are simply on a different level of sound quality. The difference is stunning. I have heard some more expensive speakers which do not sound as good. I have not heard less expensive speakers which sound nearly as good.

PS I like the look of the green Rolex Submariner, but I'm not spending $20,000 for one. I found the Loreo tribute to the Submariner on Amazon. It is an automatic, has a nicely finished good looking mechanical movement visible from the back, is accurate to 3 second a day, almost as good as my Tissot Le Locle, and cost $120. The watch is hefty, band is comfortable, and it is a fine looking piece. Go try you one, if you still wear a watch. You'll like it.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 02/22/21 08:30 PM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.