Originally Posted by bman84
I haven't seen Amir's videos, but it sounds like he may need to take a page from Axiom's book and balance the cold, hard math with blind listening tests.

Agree bman. There’s science and measurement and then there’s human factors and nuance. Such as how a product looks visually or our perception of it from pictures snd reviews. Blind listening leaves no room for ambiguity. I’d love to try it sometime.

For example, I mean really , does my system actually sound better when my living room is clean and dimly lit and the ambiance is just right? To me sometimes it does but I think it’s just a perception. If I close my eyes it sounds the same as with eyes open.

I think measurements are important but beyond some of the basic ones I don’t totally understand them all or their scales of what is considered good or not. I’m slowly beginning to wrap my head around it. In some cases ignorance might be bliss in terms of not understanding. It’s a bit of a rabbit hole......

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595