Well guy's we spent almost 6 hours playing around yesterday and the results didn't surprise me. The Monitor Audio's win on clarity, detail etc. However they have limited bass. The Axiom's had them for lunch in that area. The M80's and M50's are way ahead when it comes to bass. As for M80's vs M50's there really isn't much to say. They sound really close to each other with the 80's being more forward or bright. There is no huge difference in sound from the 80's to the 50's at all. The 50's filled the room with sound just as well the 80's. I had a total of 7 people over and some of these folks have some nice gear and we all agreed that the difference between the 80's and the 50's was one simple thing as I mentioned above. The 80's are a little more in your face on the higher end of the treble scale and that is it.

To all you M50 owners out there, don't panic on moving up to 60's or 80's unless you want a little bit more of a brighter speaker. I'm not sure if brighter is the best word but I think it gets my point across. As for me, I'm keeping the 50's up front and the 80's are gone. The 50's suit my tastes. They are not mid heavy and the treble to me is just fine and dandy without being in your face!

To all current 80 owners, remember that what I like, you may not like and vice versa!