chesseroo, yes it was a short post there is no doubt but I honestly can't think of more to say. The 80's and 50's are very close to each other. There is no night and day difference as many have reported. If there is everybody who was here didn't hear it.

Keep in mind that we had the Monitor Audio 5i's over here not the 8's or 9's. I have owned the 9's and they do in fact have excellent bass and if I remember right, probably better then the Axiom's. It has been a long time since I had the 9's so don't quote me on that. When I did have them I never complained on there bass output. I tried to hunt down a set of 9's yesterday but we didn't have any luck. I did find a local guy who was going to let us audition a set of the new 10's but it was to late in the day to bother.

I actually had some reservations about making my post. I didn't want to get a war going between 50 owners and 80 owners but in the end I figured why not. I have read post's in here that make it sound like the 80's are heads and tails above the 50's and that is not the case by any stretch of the imagination.