This has been an excellent read. I'm new to these boards, but I've had a set of M50Ti's for some time now. I've heard them in comparison to some M60Ti's. Not under ideal testing circumstances, but close enough. The result? Not much difference at all. The M50Ti's and M60Ti's sounded very similar to my ear. The only difference I could hear was that voices seemed a little bit more forward with the M60Ti's, but we're talking a small enough degree that unless they were side by side, switching back and forth, I'd never really have noticed.

But, NeverHappy, and others, I have a couple questions:

1) Re: the VP100 and VP150. So far I've only used the M50Ti's in a stereo setup. I've played a few movies this way and I love them for movies as well so I'd have no problem expanding into a surround sound system with the M50Ti's as fronts. From the descriptions of the VP100 and VP150, it would seem that the VP100 may be a better match for the M50Ti's...would you agree?

Also, I've not heard the VP100 or VP150 myself. I've been a little bit hesitant due to some reviews. These reviews have mentioned some possible shortcomings of the VP100 and VP150. Namely:

a) The timbre is not a perfect match. Pans are noticable.

This would bug me a lot. With my previous Polk setup, I ended up not using the center at all because it didn't match the tone of the fronts exactly. Can anyone comment on how well the VP100 or VP150 matches the front Axiom speakers? Do pans sound like one continuous sound, or can you notice when it moves from front, to center, to front?

b) I've also heard that the VP150 lacks good dispersion and that if you move to either side, there is a very large change in timbre.

This would also bug me a lot. So can anyone comment? Can you sit to one side of the VP100 or VP150 and still get a good timbre match, or is there a very noticable difference in sound?

2) NeverHappy, you mentioned that the Monitor speakers had better clarity and such, just lacking bass. How much better are we talking here?

The Axioms happen to fit my price range. Would anyone say I'd be much better off purchasing more expensive speakers? I've always heard that the Axioms are good value. The M50Ti's I have certainly better my old Polks, which were actually about the same price. But how much better do more expensive speakers get? Are we talking a small difference here, or something that is really quite obvious?

Thanks for all the info so far. I look forward to the M60Ti comparison and the M3Ti vs. M22Ti as well.

Also, have you tried using the M22Ti's as you fronts yet? I'd love to hear how you think they compare to the towers.

Thank you again.