skeleterror, Re: the VP100 and VP150. My own two cents are that yes the VP100 works better with the 50's. I have both the 100 and 150 and when I got my 50's, I went with the 100. I hate to say it but I would agree that the timbre matching could be better on both the 100 and the 150. I can't however say I notice it to much. The panning etc has been relatively accurate as far as I'm concerned.

As for how much better are the Monitor Audios over the Axioms. I think a lot comes down to taste but for me and once again I hate to say it, but it was night and day. The Monitors all the way.

Yes I ran my 22's up front for all of about 10 minutes and put them in the back again. Don't get me wrong they sounded darn good but nowhere near a big enough sound stage for me. I need to hear some bottom end coming from my mains. I also have a fair size room I'm trying to fill. If my room was say half the size, I would look at running 22's as mains.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here but I need to say it again, these are my opinions only based on my listening tastes etc. What I like you may not like etc. Axiom's are a great speaker. Is there better, sure but they will cost a lot more. Monitor Audio comes to mind. If money was no object I would have the Monitor S10's up front in a heartbeat.