Jeff, I apologize for the information I provided in your original post this morning at 11:11 (BTW, it works better if you stay within the same thread as opposed to making a new post on the same subject). The info may have served to confuse.

I'll try to answer your question a bit more directly. The issue isn't necessarily the TV. It really boils down to what the DVD player processes and sends to the TV. The 2900 Silicon Image chip provides a picture that has more vibrant color, is smooth and has an almost 3-D quality. The 2910 uses the Faroujda chip which gives good, but less vibrant color, is crisper and more detailed on the edges and does not have a 3D quality. The audio on the 2900 is much better.

Having said all of that, you really owe it to yourself, as I suggested this morning, to spend an hour at the AVS Forum where this subject has been covered in great detail. It will give you a much better feel for the sizeable expenditure you are about to make. The gist of the information is that the 2900 PQ is better than the 2910. If possible, see if you can view the 2900 and 2910 side-by-side or even in different stores if you must.

If you are looking for a recommendation, my input is that the 2900 PQ is noticeably better than the 2910. Del also makes anther good point, for a variety of reasons, including build quality, the 2900 is a better bang for the buck. But, as everything in HT tends to be, my opinion is subjective and is pleasant to my eyes. At the end of the trip, you will need to make your own decision.

Last edited by Ray3; 11/24/04 03:14 AM.