Ray,
I purchased the 3803 last year from 6ave.com when they were offering the 3802 for 699.99 and were out of it. So, they subbed the 3803 for the same price. Previously I had the onkyo's flagship model. I was in a rental house with an awesome basement, so It was a great receiver. Then, my wife and I bought a new house and I went to a smaller room. The 3803 seems to do great for me. I have been happy and have considered even upgrading to the 3805, but no need to do that. The priority for me right now is to purchase a better DVD player. The 910 is just not cutting it.

As far as remotes go, I just purchased the RMAV3100 from a local retailer for 104 plus tax. I was shocked that they were selling this for 149.99 regular price and I got "Preferred Customer" price due to the fact the store manager used to work for me when i was at Circuit City. My uncle has either the same remote or the previous model and it was VERY easy for my wife to use and that is the main reason for getting the remote.

I am still trying to figure out if I should use an optical cable or a Coax. cable for my new 2900? What is your opinion?

Opt. H31 Denon AVR3803 Denon 2900 Axiom M60'S Axiom VP150 Axiom QS8's x 4 HSU VTF-2