I have both the M60 and the 22's. You will love the M60's. What you are gaining is the low end. The 22's are very detailed and you WILL find that in the M60's. I really have to warn you that these are not speakers you can "spring" on the wife. They are about 6x the size of the 22's so if you are planning on sneaking them in with the hopes they will somehow blend in, you have a fight in your near future.

Anyway, good luck with the speaker selection and with the wife.

Now one problem I have never brought up. I was moving my M60's the other day. I have hard wood floors as well so I had to use the rubber feet that are supplied with the speakers. First off, the rubber feet smell like plastic ass (sorry of the wording, it was the best one to describe the smell). When I moved the speakers I noted that there were black rings left on my nice hardwood floor. I tried to wipe it off but I really had to work at it with some cleaner to get the rings out. I know, minor to some, but if those speakers were allowed to sit for monthes and monthes, I wonder how minor it would be?