The '22s are on my main system. Haven't played them through the tubes. My dad (with my "help") built the tube amps from a kit in 1975 when I was 7. They push a whopping 7 watts each. They are hooked on 1 side to an Onkyo preamp from around the same time (PA-100? the badge on back is faded almost completely) and on the other end to an even older pair of ADS Speaker Labs (no model number I can find) speakers. The speakers have an 8-inch woofer and a horn each. When I pulled the fuses for the woofers I found that the horns handle the high-mids and highs and the woofer handle the rest. The setup really sounds great. BUT it, well, it's a colored sound. I really notice this now in comparison to the Denon/Axiom setup. The tubes are warmer, mellower while the other setup is just plain more detailed and transparent. And to be honest, I can't tell you which I like better. I've only had the tube setup for 5 months, since my Dad died. But I listened to that thing from when I was 7 until I went off to college. Before the new system, I had an H/K Pro Logic setup that I mostly used for music listening. I bought it along with a "Home Theater" series RCA vcr in 1994-ish. I never was all that impressed with the
quality of the surround experience with the original Pro-Lo, hence my late arrival on the 5.1 scene. But I am now (obviously) a convert.

"There's too many notes!" M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 AVR-2805 SCD595 Panasonic DVD-S35