I'm toying with the idea of joining you. I started doing some A/B testing between my M2s and Paradigm Atoms (aka the bedroom system). Still seems to me that the Axioms are way more accurate (pianos sound like pianos, string bass sounds like a string bass, and you can actually hear the little dangly things on the snare drums (are they called "snares" ?) doing their thing) there's something really "pleasing" about the Paradigms.

I don't think the P's are "better" as much as "maybe they have the same frequency response quirks as the speakers used to mix some of the albums" but there's something going on there. On the best recordings it's a no-brainer -- the M2s walk all over the Atoms -- but on the so-so recordings I would probably give the nod to the Atoms.

Seems to me that if it were possible to split the difference between the accuracy of the M2/M22/M60s and the "pleasantness" of the Paradigms & similar sounding speakers you would have something mighty fine. Starting to wonder if that's what the M3/M40/M50 family delivers -- great sound on a wider range of recordings without giving up too much on the best recordings.

Anyways, I'm going to experiment some more before doing anything drastic but it's something to think about.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8