Bren, yeah, you get back to the topic at hand: "people at Best Buy who are "idiots" because they don't know as much about audio as I do, for example, 5 dot 1 vs 7 point 1" and similarly, when I go there, I expect the guy to kiss my ass over a low dollar cable purchase and piss on Monster all despite the fact that it may cost him his job."

That's your problem if you feel insulted. I calls 'em like I see 'em. And you sound like a jerk to me. OF COURSE, you may not *be* one but you sure do *sound* like one. As far as I can tell from what you posted, you have no idea whether the guy had heard of Axiom's. And yeah regarding the "penis" hyperbole, I suggest you look deep inside at why you felt the need to trick a low level employee, come on a messageboard to brag about it, and call the guy an idiot.

Regarding your gun trickery, all he said was he bets it rocks. That's far from lying. But, I guess in your case, its okay to do the kind of thing you did over a possible purchase of some cheap cables from a kid who makes a pittance and is just doing what he's told to do. Fine. I'm here to say that attitude is crappy.

I'm positive you fashion yourself to be a clever guy, so I ask you, what did you expect? You didn't think that with Monster plastered all over the place as you say it was, they weren't going to push it? Do you think that with the products Best Buy sells that they actually *need* to have the knowledge that you speak of? Really? Do you ever think that a kid who works in the store and has to deal with know it all audio freaks might actually feel intimidated, hence, the tendecy to just go along with what you throw at him?