In reply to:

Instead, you are an elitist and separatist who uses the guise of speaker knowledge to exert artificial superiority over those who you embody as past or present threats to your personal identity; or lack thereof. Insecurity is simple to identify when presented so discernibly, a facile denial will only corroborate my denunciation.

This psychoanalytical deduction is so cliche, it's laughable.

Is there really anything wrong with a customer not being interested in bonding with a store employee? Is there really anything wrong with said customer being annoyed with the employee who is trying to make a superficial connection with him? Is there really anything wrong with sharing the story with others -- many of whom appreciated it and did not choose to chastize the storyteller for his reaction?

I suppose sharing a story on a public forum does tacitly invice criticism, but the extent to which people have chosen to share their criticism frankly astounds me. There are many different personalities in the world. Some people choose to bend over backwards to avoid stepping on other people's toes. Other people are comfortable enough in their own skin not to be second-guessing their actions and opinions and how they affect others every waking minute of the day.

Personally, I'm glad both kinds of people exist.

There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it hardly behooves any of us to talk about the rest of us.