In reply to:

similarly, when I go there, I expect the guy to kiss my ass over a low dollar cable purchase and piss on Monster all despite the fact that it may cost him his job."

Kiss my ass? Never expected that. All I asked for was for him to find me a product that they were sold out of in the one place I looked. Do they have more stock in the back or on a different display? Probably - a single pegboard hook would only hold maybe 3 or 4 packages, and from the time I spent in shipping and receiving - things are cased into dozens. As for a low-dollar cable purchase - they go to great lengths to tout how their sales staff are not commissioned. And I don't know where you got the "piss all over Monster" bit from - I didn't ask him to fall to his knees and denounce Monster and kiss my Belkin ring.

In reply to:

That's your problem if you feel insulted. I calls 'em like I see 'em. And you sound like a jerk to me.

While we're making assumptions, I'm assuming you used to be a register jockey at some point and are now the self-appointed patron saint of them?

In reply to:

And yeah regarding the "penis" hyperbole, I suggest you look deep inside at why you felt the need to trick a low level employee, come on a messageboard to brag about it, and call the guy an idiot.

He decided to talk above his head, I called his bluff. I mean, if you like dealing with people that can't keep up with you when you're trying to make a purchase, and that becomes a way you can get into a long, wheedley conversation about gear - so be it. For me, I'd rather have a guy admit that he's not familiar with the product and help me where he can. Take the 15' AR cable package, go to the back and see if he can find the same in 25'.

In reply to:

Do you think that with the products Best Buy sells that they actually *need* to have the knowledge that you speak of?

Then don't BS me. If you push speaker selection buttons and take product numbers to the back and compare them to boxes back there until you find the right product and have nothing but a basic knowledge of what you're selling - just do what you do. Don't try to cross that line into being my "guide into the wonderful world of home theatre"... that's like John Accountant trying to lead a Sherpa up a mountain.

In reply to:

Do you ever think that a kid who works in the store and has to deal with know it all audio freaks might actually feel intimidated, hence, the tendecy to just go along with what you throw at him?

He felt the need to ask, and to gain some "cred" in my eyes by talking out his caboose. I didn't walk in bragging about my "totally arse-rippin' kickin' sub, man, woooo-hoooo!" I asked for a cable. I didn't throw anything at him, he wrenched the ball out of my hands and beat himself over the head with it. That's not a beanball.

Bren R.