I did talk to HSU today, the doctor himself actually and he recommended one VTF-3 MK2 in my room. He also recommended something that caught me off guard. He wants me to get my sub out of the corner and behind my listening position. I watch from a couch that has a wall about 5 feet behind it. He recommended placing the sub directly behind the couch with the ports facing the back wall.

The reason we got on placement was I mentioned that I wanted excellent bass (Fast & Tight) when listening to music. Given that, I'm shocked on where he wants me to place it as it goes against most of what I know about sub placement.

I have been shopping around Canada talking to the HSU dealers and I'm fairly positive that I'm going to try some form of HSU. The prices I'm getting back are significantly cheaper then what it would cost me to land another SVS at my door..............I'm a die hard fan of SVS but a buck is a buck and I love trying new stuff.

I did get out today to a few shops and played around with some various subs including Paradigm, B&W, Energy, Klipsch, Mirage, JBL and a Sunfire.

To make a long story short, I thought the B&W was nice but way over priced. Didn't like the Energy or the JBL. The Mirage was nice but I got it to clip a little to easier for liking and on more then one occasion the limiters kicked in. The Klipsch was decent but I just didn't get the "Buy Me" now feel from it. My clear cut choice was the Sunfire. To my ears, it laid a beat down on everything else......but again, it's freaken expensive and I'm not willing to shell out that much money.