erm, i know i'm not active in these forums, but i have read before that both 10 inch and 12 inch drivers are plenty 'fast' enough to handle the accelerations and decelerations in bass signals of 20 to say 100 Hz. How 'fast' the bass sounds in a system has more to do with how well it integrates (phase, time alignment etc) with the midrange and midbass, as that's where the snap and attack that we associate with kick drums and electric bass come from. The texture of the bass is more determined by the main speakers than the subwoofer, assuming of course that the sub is not boomy, and we all know HSU and SVS subs are not. In that case, a lot of the apparent difference in evaluting the musical quality of subs may well be from the integration between the sub and the main speakers, and i don't mean just setting up the sub to roll off as the main speakers pick up nicely.

I just didn't like that way 12 inch drivers were being portrayed as slow and flabby etc. What does everyone think of my opinion?