In reply to:

The VTF-3 Mk 2 is at least as musical as the VTF-2 Mk 2

Well, at least Dr. Hsu (what is his PhD in anyway? I feel like a real prat calling a guy that puts drivers into cabinets Doctor. Reminds me of a stoner rock or country-fried rock band) made a subjective analysis. "Musical" could mean anything and is very non-commital. One man's "musical" is another man's "Irving."

In reply to:

Funny thing is SVS said the same thing. a 12inch can rock just as good and just as fast and tight as a 10inch.

Now this I would like some clarification on. There is a certain amount of inertia inherent in a driver's movement - the more mass a driver carries, the harder it is to "turn it around" as it goes from push to pull and vice versa. This is why midrange drivers are smaller than woofers, and tweeters are smallest of all... the smaller a driver, the easier it is for it to push and pull at a higher frequency.

Now does SVS use a lighter - but yet as rigid - material for their 12" cones? If so, why not use it for the 10"s as well? And if not, how exactly do they make a 12" as fast and tight as a 10"?

Bren R.