In reply to:

The one thing I do know is I'm going to try something with a 10 inch sub versus a 12 inch. Other then that I'm open to suggestions.

I've taken flak for this before, mostly for my use of the term "flappy, farty bass"... but all other things being equal, a slightly smaller driver will be tighter than a bigger driver (since there's ~40% less area on a 10" driver than a 12" driver) and since no one with a calibrated system ever uses more than a fraction of their sub's power, I'll trade tight bass response for SPLs at the same power levels.

Check out a bassist's rig at a club show next time you're out... 4x10" bass cabs are nearly a standard with the jazz and rock types (the Primus wannabes with the ride cymbals cranked down upside down and bass strings detuned 12 steps don't count - they love their dual 16" cabs - all that driver flap helps to cover missed notes - hey, it's hard to get a good grimace like you're having a prostate exam along with the dark posturing and try to hit the right notes at the same time!! )

Bren R.