Originally Posted By: Zimm
Not that it sounds like you are going this direction, but I moved my center from under to over my 50" DLP and it did improve the clarity of vocals. I built a shelf from the wall that "levitates" over the TV by a fraction of an inch. The shelf is thinner than the center so it is not very obvious from the side, and invisible from the front (if the TV is in the right spot). The improvement was not dramatic, but noticeable improvement in clarity/detail at lower levels was obtained.

Let me know if you want detailed pics as I think I have the physics worked out (i.e., it did not fall or vibrate) but would suggest one change in the design.

Zimm,
I do not think I would change to my center on top of my 73" Mitsub. because it is 61" off the floor and I think this would be too bulky looking for WAF and me too. But... Being that the center is a closed spkr, does it's SQ increase being in open air (on top) vs. on the glass shelf below TV. (≈ 1" top clearance, only [3] 4"W verticle wood slats 10" behind ctr) Not enclosed.

What might cause a difference in sound sound top vs. below. Oh, forgot who I was talking to. Forget the whats/ whys. Do people generally prefer it on top or on the bottom? Wait a minute, that did not sound quite right!
I'm talkin' center speakers here people! This is a family show.

Move along, nothing to see here.

That said, pics of yours on top might be interesting. ;o)

Last edited by davekro; 02/17/09 10:17 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."