Originally Posted By: RickF
 Originally Posted By: davekro
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Have you tried the 150 above the TV?

I have wondered if there is an on top of TV mounting solution sold for a center on top of a large DLP? Mine is a 73" Mits. where the screen is 61" high and only 3" thick at the top. mtg on top would likely make the TV even more dominating in the room(not a plus with the WAF). Now I have the center on the glass shelf of the OEM cabinet.

Dave I also have a 73" Mits and use the Omnit-Mount for the VP150, these pics show the the VP100 on top but I've since swapped and placed the 150 on top with the 100 on the TV stand...

Omni-Mount

Omni-Mount

Mine came in a grey/silver finish but I painted it black to match the TV, I've always found with a single center the best placement for me with the 73" Mits was on the TV shelf below the TV, the two combined really plant the dialogue in the center of the screen ... another option you may want to consider.

(Note to self: I need to get another VP150 one of these days to have a matching pair.)

Rick,
Very interesting. Thanks for your opinion on that with the 73" DLP that for one center, below on shelf is best. What amp / amps run your two center channels? I don't imagine you run both off one center channel output at 12 ohms do you?

I like those brackets Omni brackets though.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."