Originally Posted By: Cactrot
 Originally Posted By: wilwom
Cactrot, I'd say go ahead and order the speakers you listed in the post that started this thread:

"I'll likely be ordering the M22's, VP100, and QS8's for a 1400 cu ft room. I'll be running an svs pb10 sub and denon 989 receiver."

I'm running the M22's, VP100, and QS8's in a much larger room with an SVS PCI 25-31 sub and Pioneer VSX-45 receiver. I've never heard the M22's sound distorted, but I have heard my wife yell to turn it down!

I really like the M22's and the QS8's, but I'm not sold on the VP150. I'd prefer an M22 center but no way to position it. If you have room below the screen I suggest using an M22 center.

Bill

So you've turned them up fairly loud and never heard any sign of sibilance or distortion from the tweeter?

From my experience concerning the m80's I think they actually sound better when you give them some juice, they really start to sing at round 90 db, as long as you feed them clean power, and that is the real key.

For the record, my fav. speaker is the B&W 703. To me it's a perfect speaker (nuff said), if you can afford it and it's matching siblings (center and rears). At more than twice the price of the M80's however, it is greatly over priced and in many ways you are paying for the name. I found the M80's a very very close match to the 703, without the heafty price tag and allowed me to stay married. LOL.

paul

Last edited by Worfzara; 02/14/09 04:47 PM.

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990