Originally Posted By: Cactrot

Now I do know that one person's "harsh" is the next person's "accurate" and that it generally seems to be the same few people that are continually propagating these claims. On the other hand, the only people I ever see defending and recommending axiom are the most prolific posters on axioms own forums. On all the threads where axiom is mentioned over at avsforum, audioholics, hometheatershack, etc, it's always the same few people defending axiom: jakewash, sirquack, grunt, are always recommending axiom, but no one else. This puts up a huge red flag for me. Are these posters being compensated by axiom to continually defend and recommend axiom products? Why do no other owners step up to defend or recommend axiom? These guys all have thousands of posts on axioms forums so it's hard to take their opinion as non biased.

Don't I wish I was being compensated!!!!!!

Someone has to stand up to those that spout off about things they know nothing about, and obviously I have no life other than surfing the audio forums \:\( .

If you read many of my posts I still offer support and advise people to audition many brands and pick the ones they like the best, just happens to be I like Axiom and think many are missing out on a great product due to the few that like to trash talk Axiom for no other reason than they have read it some where. For those that have heard Axiom and still did not like them, most appear too have heard them many years ago, so not a very accurate review on their part.

I have mentioned that I find Axioms to be not a smooth as Studio 100s but at half the price and almost all the same benefit of the 100s I can put up with a little edge to my music(even then it is only at loud volumes ~90db and up), sounds more like a live performance to me this way any way.

I have also recommended kef/orb/Rockets and many other products to those not wanting the 'Axiom' sound.

Anyway, as the others have mentioned, check for someone nearby to give you an audition this way you won't have to spend a dime for return shipping if you do not like the Axiom sound, although I suspect you will as you like Paradigm.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70