Originally Posted By: davidsch
I would look in the Hearing Things section for someone in your area that would be willing to give you an audition. It's all a matter of personal taste as to whether you will think they are bright or not and you won't know until you try them. If you liked the Studio line of the Paradigms, you will likely enjoy the Axioms.

yes, I've read many times how similar they are. Also, when I auditioned them side by side with some klipsch (which everyone says are even "brighter" than axioms due to their horn tweeter) I didn't find them to be much less bright than the klipsch. Maybe I didn't listen to them long enough to be "fatiguing"... or maybe I just like a bright sounding speaker, I usually find "warmer" sounding speakers a little muddy, to be honest.

Originally Posted By: casey01
In this discussion and especially for a first time buyer there is a very important element which should not be underestimated. With Axiom if you don't like the speakers, you can send them back within thirty days for a FULL REFUND. As we have all known for years, speakers can sound great in the store yet sometimes not as good when you get them home. Unless you can somehow arrange something in advance, if you buy from a retailer and you don't like them, you are stuck with them.

I believe that should give you a pretty good idea as to how much confidence the company(Axiom)has in their product line.

I agree with this for sure. I asked the paradigm dealer about in home trials and he basically said I could return them within seven days if I wanted but it's certainly not encouraged as a 'trial' period.