Originally Posted By: Dr.House
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Apple's stuff (mostly) works as advertised.

So does Bose, atleast to some. I'll give you that Apples products are generally of higher quality especially products like their computers but from an overall perspective I find both companies very similar.

Yes, while typing that I did think that an Apple Store sounds a bit like that too. There definitely is hype and image when it comes to Apple products.

However...

Apple products have some merit. Apple design and R&D has had an enormous impact on consumer electronics. The iPod defined what an MP3 player is, and is far-and-away the most successful portable music player. The iPhone redefined what is possible with a cell phone. Has Bose contributed anything to the audio world that has had an impact like that?

And as far as the age-old PC vs Mac debate... Yes, Macs cost a little more than their spec-equivalent PC. But, there are quantifiable benefits to owning a Mac. We can debate which is "better" ad nauseum. Some of us like Macs. Some like PC's. Some like Linux. It's all good. You've got to use the best tool for the job at hand. The point is, there are some reasons why owning a Mac is a superior choice over a PC. And vice-versa.

I can think of no reason to choose Bose over anything else. ;\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office