Wheels, (the post is too far back to go back and quote) ((cause I'm lazy)) (((I heard that!))).

But I agree. I avoided Apple out of principal and bought a Zune 2 years ago and I was extremely happy with the product. However, a need, combined with MS refusing to even make plans to launch the new Zune HD in Canada, combined with "Finally" a 64GB flash model has brought an iPod Touch into my hands & you know what, I'm very happy with it.

I would have preferred a 64GB Zune HD, even if I had to wait a bit for it's release here but neither was going to happen soon. It was expensive at $460 after taxes but when I was able stand outside at the barbecue, slide my finger down the screen and remotely change my Squeezebox to some Collective Souls instead of the 80s dance crap that will remain unverified, I smiled!

Later, when its web browser saved a friend some embarrassment by demonstrating, last minute, that her chosen song for her book launch had very inappropriate lyrics for a book on 'survivors of abusive home lives', it pretty much paid for itself.

The wiki tool is also super fast with links to related youtube videos. It has come in handy as well.

In short, I still hope somebody gives them some stronger competition but I must now admit that they do make some nice, if overpriced, products.

On the bling side, I'm with Peter. I've already misplaced the trademark white, Apple ear phones because they sounded like crap. I'm missing the functionality of the microphone but the Zune 80 earphones sound sooo much better.

If I can find them again, I might download and play with the DB meter app for fun.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.