Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
Going back to this post. I was just thinking how many times I've heard this exact story. Yeah, that's great they replaced your item no questions asked, twice. Then everyone defends Apple's higher prices on the fact that they use quality parts. Aren't these two scenarios at odds with each other? Perhaps Apple's higher prices are due to the number of warranty replacements they know they're going to have to do.

I want to stress that I am not defending Apple just making some observations. Your supposition on price is just that - supposition. They can charge the price that the market will bear. Part of the pricing is no doubt due to the fact that there are Apple stores and Genius Bars in the first place. And it is nice to make an appt on line and then get answers on the spot. My Genius was a young guy wearing a VN Tiger Camo booney hat with the sides rolled up to make it look sort of cowboyish. He said that the on/off button not working was highly unusual?

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill