Originally Posted By: richeydog

Are you talking about the Rocket 750's? The were the flagship speaker several years ago???

Yes I’m pretty sure it was the 750 I listened to, and it was about 3 years ago. I had already passed my demo period on my first Axiom order and decided to keep them but had a morbid curiosity about the Rockets and wanted to be able to make “semi” informed comments when a fanboy would pop into an Axiom thread at AVS or Audioholics claiming how crappy the Axiom sounded compared to AV123. Though it was only a few of them who did this it was quite common back then.

Turned out to be a pointless exercise in the end as I tired of trying to help people pick speakers since it became obvious that most people asking which speakers to buy either already knew what they wanted and were looking for validation or just wanted someone to tell them what sounded “best.”

As I’ve mentioned before I did like there sound and they did look impressive. However, I found early on I prefer the “brighter” sound of speakers like B&W, Focal and well Axiom. I don’t even like the roll-off of the standard Audyssey EQ curve.

EDIT: Not sure if those are the ones Steriophile measured or if it was a newer model.

Last edited by grunt; 02/27/10 08:26 PM.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1