Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
What a mess.

As much as some people want to make this solely about the raffles and related indictments, it seems to me that the malfeasance was a symptom of a failing business. People seem to justifiably feel wounded because MLS' candor and charisma drew them in and gave them confidence in the products and joy in their purchases. Now that the messenger's integrity has been destroyed, even customers who weren't victims of the raffle scam will likely lose a measure of happiness in their lives.

It remains baffling and disappointing to me when we cannot rely on the fundamental honesty of our fellow creatures.

When you've found a job doing something you love and something that brings joy to people, and then mess it up by lying and stealing, that's just low.

I guess doing business with - and surrounding yourself with - people of good character isn't such a cliche after all.

I feel bad for Jack.

Hear, Hear! Sorry - in my book it is black and white. Either you have integrity or you don't.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill