Originally Posted By: grunt
 Originally Posted By: Dr. House

You brought up another excellent point that is pertinent about buying online and one of the "warning signs" and that is active censorship on the company forum (if it has one). You have been seeing this with their moderators or employees and also long time supporters of the company recommending, downplaying or staying quiet on very important and serious issues that they are fully aware when people ask about their products. Most of these individuals that got suckered in within the last year or so are probably going to be without a warranty . On a separate note I am also noticing a lot of censorship at Emotiva lately (which makes them not very attractive to me as a company)

There is another form of censorship to watch for, that of the forum member themselves.

Definitely, though I think all company forums have of form of fanboyism (I am even guilty of it from time to time). However there is a clear pattern of some of their long time supporters defending this company beyond any rational way. Things like the constant quality issues with their products (most specifially their electronics), late deliveries which people where charged their credit card (some go well well beyond a year) and some to this day have never received anything!

Just imagine if somone purchased something from Axiom and it was expected in two weeks and never received their products up to even two months. Would you defend them? I certainly would not. Even customers being refused refunds and having their funds forced into store credit. Unbelievable! Even in those times people brushed it under the rug and continued to recommended their products. Shameful.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne