If memory serves, there was a recent thread asking this same comparison (Streem vs. Axiom). As this is an Axiom board, you are sure to get the typical (...I never heard the Streems, but the Axioms are excellent and you can't go wrong as they also have better service) type replies.... as subjective as that may be.

From appearances, they seem to have imitated several different mfg'ers models. How well they managed to copy them would be the acid test. I have spent many years in the hobby...make that decades, and I had not heard of them. However, I had not heard of many of the mfg'ers before I purchased their products (Linn, Reference 3a, YBA,etc). They seem to offer similar return policy as the Axioms. Many on this board ordered their Axioms after the company became an ebiz marketer.

One thing that might help would be to audition Axioms (check the thread in general for someone in your area - HEY AMIE...this should be a database!!!). You could then order either mfg'ers stock, and return the least attractive to your ears!