In reply to:

Canada's government believes in more freedom ? Not even close. If you don't like the health care system, you are screwed. You still pay for it. Top tax rate ? over 50%.

Craigsub, i'm so glad you like Cdns but these kind of statements fuel the general characters traits that Cdns dislike towards the US, in case you haven't noticed.
Typical American repsonse to Canada's system of gov't.
My brother lives there now and he argues the US taxes are soooo much lower. Par for dollar my wife and I and make 'less' in American equivalent to my brother and his wife, yet we can 'afford' more for our daily living (an actual house with a yard costing less than his condo, more than one car, more audio equipment, etc.).
But you know, i don't have to pay for a $200,000 heart surgery fighting an HMO to do it and i LOVE paying higher taxes knowing that.
Quit bashing the Cdn system unless you live here.
Your perspective is brutally skewed, no matter how many 'trips' you make here or ppl you know in Canada.
I'm ecstatic to know we don't have 3 trillion dollars of debt.
Get over the financial arguments already.
Living in the US is not so much better than the rest of the world that we should all be wanting to do it. Get off the pedestal.

Geezuz, the arrogance just drips everytime i hear these nonsense statements.

BTW, Canada Day is not "independence day". That title seems more appropriate for the US values. Canada did not 'break free from tyranny' but rather formed a special designation within the British rule which started as Dominion Day and Confederation Day.
Please do not desecrate our holiday with titles that parallel US concepts of becoming indepedent from such oh so horrible outside influences.

Last edited by chesseroo; 07/02/05 07:35 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."