Chess - My words were quotes from Canadian business associates, not my own. I do a signifigant business in Canada, and my reps there are quite adept at educating me. One was be-moaning having to pay over $100K in Taxes last year.

As for housing costs, it depends on where you live. Canada, like the US, has a widely flucuating housing market.

We live in an area of 300,000 people, and our home cost us $500,000 for 7000 square feet. We live on a 3 acre lot, too. In the U.S., condos are usually located in a city, and are quite expensive. I have researched the GTA housing market, as we may need to get a 2nd residency in Canada as things expand for our companies. The GTA is roughly double in square foot dollars to what we pay here.

As for our health care system - the average American gets an MRI within 72 hours. In one of our dealerships, we had an older gent who needed quadruple by-pass, and it was done the day after the blockage was found. I am in contact with literally thousands of people weekly. Part of our services to clients is employee benefits. People here do not "pay $200,000 for surgery while arguing with an HMO".

I am curious though - since you decided to "get personal" read through EVERYTHING I wrote, and tell me how you got the idea that I was anti-Canadian ?

Perhaps it was the part where I said we have in common the loving to complain about our governments.

I do apologize for upsetting you with my congratulations on your Independence Day. That really WAS a cheap shot...