I can't believe I missed this fun thread! Just read the whole thing - although I almost stopped after page one, where spiff was applauding gay marriage and talking about getting his butt busted in the same paragraph! Just kidding, spiff, all in good fun.
chess, I distinctly remember arrogance from one of the Canadian members here who felt obligated to "educate" us stupid Americans about our own history/gov't. Arrogance is not the exclusive domain of ny one nationality. Regardless, who cares what the French (or anybody else) thinks about Americans anyway?
And, craigsub, ALL the NEWS outlets have inherent, obvious biases - including Fox. The stories that they choose to report on (which shapes the public agenda); the context in which they present and juxtapose facts, statements and stories; who gets the last word; etc..., all reflects human biases - intentionally or not. Most of the time it appears to be intentional.
I tuned in to the Communist News Network (CNN) the other day, just to see what drivel the enemy is foisting on the good folks of America, and was shocked to hear the news being read by a British lady! Despite myself, my IQ immediately jumped 20 points and I felt a kind of warm glow envelop me. My mind adopted the new "global perspective" and I felt superior to all you hicks between the coasts. Hilarious.
I think Fox needs to respond with a hillbilly news anchor in overalls and a bit of straw sticking out of his mouth, readin' the news and sayin', "Aw, shucks! Now that is just plain ignorant," every so often.