Due to a nice tax return coming soon into our bank account, and most importantly due to my wife's acceptance, I am ready to finally complete my Home Theater!!! The upcoming price increase on Feb 28th played an important part in our decision. Please see my sig. for my current setup. I have made up my mind for the following:

QS8 times 2. VP 100, and FMS QS stands time 2. I will get them from factory "B" and also save another 5% since I am buying five items.

Now I need you help guys in making my decision on receivers, as I am struggling between three options:

1 - Rotel RSX-1057 Was my first choice for a while. However, it only does HDMI switching.

2 - A new, coming soon, HDMI 1.3 receiver to take advantage of my ps3's BD and new sound formats. However, is it worth the wait? It will be tough to have speakers waiting for the receiver in my home. Besides, I can only do 5.1 due to the sofa being directly against the wall, and I have read that one cannot take a full advantage of HDMI 1.3 audio without a 7.1 system. Also, isn't audio processing better done by the player and not the receiver?

3 - Buy a "cheappo", temporary receiver until the HDMI issues is sorted out.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!! Feel free to "change my mind" on my Axiom speaker selection as well. A blessing in disguise is that there is wait for factory "B" outlet items, and I don't plan to place the order until next week. Please note that I still plan to use my Rotel RB-1080 amp with the new receiver for stereo in bypass mode.

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3