Thank you Mike for your advice. I have read all your most recent posts the last couple of months on HDMI and learnt a lot from your personal experience and research. I would regret staying off Rotels as I really enjoy them in my stereo setup, but I don't think they are keeping in touch with the new HT audio/video formats.

Quote:

If you do not need or foresee yourself needing 7.1 and only need 5.1, there is a very large selection of HDMI receivers that will process high def audio that is on HD and BR disks in an uncompressed multi channel PCM bitstream.

A few picks in here please! Unfortunately I can only do 5.1 in my condo, as the living room where the TV is, is too small and the coach is against the back wall. We just bought the condo last year, and can't even think of moving for at least five years. That means that I have to be satisfied with 5.1 for the next few years.

I looked at Denon 2807 now, and it seems full of features. The price is also OK.

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3