After sevaral days of browsing online, posting at the forums, reading and researching, I finally pressed the button and ordered my receiver. I could not take it any more: the more I learned the more confused in terms of choice I became, thus harder to decide, and the more money I risked to spend. I know, I know, I really have a good handling of these issues now, you may say.

Long story short: I got Onkyo TX-SR804 in Silver (press the silver square, underneat "Buy it Now" to see its actual color). It is basically their top of the line. I purchased fron an authorized online retailer. I initially wanted audio capabilties via HDMI version 1.2a, but as Mike (mdrew) clearly indicated on his search for a receiver, it is not possible to obtain uncompressed DSD for SACD, since no such player exists yet. 1.1 would be fine for me, at least for a year or two.

I wanted to thank you all for all the support and great advice in this thread. Mike and John especially, you have been of great help.

Now off to speaker wires for my surrounds and center. What do you guys think of This. I (I mean my wife) needs something white with a very small footprint, if you know what I mean

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3