I’m glad my foolish endeavors and humbling posting of my mistakes have been of value to you.

This is just my opinion, which is just what it is, an opinion……but I think the Denon 2807 is the best bargain on the market right now for folks who want to take advantage of uncompressed PCM audio via HMDI. It’s one of the very few receivers that just works, first try out the factory doors. And you already have the amps for additional power if needed. My # 2 best bang for the buck would be the Yamaha RX 1700. It works fine from user accounts but the 2807 has a stronger amp.

From there you get to the > $1000 receivers that are on my short list. The Denon 3806 / 4306, Yamaha 2700, Marantz 7001 / 8001.

Then there’s the >$2000 receivers / processors. Denon 4806 / 4806 CI, Anthem AMV 40.

I don’t know didly about Pioneer, Onkyo or Sony. Don’t like them and can’t really tell you why. They have wussy power supplies, so I never really looked at them all that closely. I’m sure they work fine for some folks.

The Marantz’es and the AMV 40 do not, at this time process Discrete 7.1 LPCM. They will post process 5.1 to 7.1, but without a firmware change (pending release date TBD); they won’t give you true, 7.1 LPCM.