Quote:

This might sound like a stupid question, but where do you guys buy your Denon's, Yamaha's and Marantz's? I run a search for online stores on a couple of receivers mentioned here, and the prices seem to be way lower than MSRP. To tell you the truth I am very tempted from the "smaller" brother of Mike's Marantz: the 7001, but also Denon 2807 looks very good.

I bought my factory refurbished Denon 2807 from Dakmart. If you go to the bottom of Denon’s home page there is a “Buy online” link that lists their authorized e-tailers. It took Dakmart a couple of weeks to get one in before they could ship it but it worked out well since I bought my Axioms from the factory outlet which also took a few weeks to ship.

Note I’m not trying to sell you on a 2807 it just seemed to be the best overall choice for me, given it’s power, input/outputs, and price. What sealed the deal for me was the Auto Set-Up and Room EQ by Audyssey. But definitely look around since you want this to last a few years before upgrading.

Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1