That's a pretty big room, overall. I'd really hesitate to recommend M22's.

I'm a very satisfied M60 owner. But then, I've not heard M80's, so ignorance is bliss. M60's are easier to drive, cheaper and still play wicked loud. But, of course, if you can swing the M80's financially, by all means do it. I'd agree that their ability to play lower/louder could give you a more satisfying HT experience until you can get a sub.

While I really like everything else about it - especially the Audyssey system - my concern with the Onkyo is that it does not have pre-outs. So, if you find that you do need more power for the M80's, you won't be able to simply add an amp.

Our forum HDMI expert mdrew has been auditioning a Yamaha RX-V661 to good effect. I believe he HAS been driving M80's with it and it does include 7.1 pre-outs. It might be just a little more expensive, and it has the Yamaha proprietary YPAO, which is not as universally embraced as the Audyssey system. YMMV.

Everybody seems to like everything about Denons except the remotes. Regardless of your receiver choice, you might want to budget some money for a universal remote control (like the still-righteous MX-700 at www.surfremote.com). That was - by far - the best investment I made relative to my beautiful wife's acceptance of the Home Theatre.

I'm certainly not going to say anything bad about the Mits projector. It gets great reviews, and I think your throw distance fits it well. Have you researched this at www.projectorcentral.com?

I'll echo comments made earlier about the acquisition progression.

1. Get "permanent" mains first
2. Use the Newtons (or the Pioneers, whatever sounds better to you) as surrounds initially, then get QS8's later.
3. I'm not optimistic that you'll prefer using a mismatched center over a "phantom" center, but it won't hurt to give it a shot.
4. I agree that getting a sub before a center will probably make sense.
5. Look into Hsu and SVS subs. The EP500 is a GREAT sub. For your room, I'd not consider the EP350.
6. Don't overlook the possibility of using a vertical center channel (like a single M22) or even a pair of M2's (one above and one below the screen) rather than a VP100 or VP150. It depends upon what "look" you like, what your amp can handle and what form factor fits your space.

I'm not sure I understand the placement of your surrounds. Will they be on the side walls or behind the primary viewing position? You certainly would NOT want them in front of the viewing position if they are hung on the beam and facing the screen. I probably just don't get it.

Enjoy the journey!

bibere usque ad hilaritatem