Quote:

AV123 v. Axiom question

I think you nailed it on the head. "You get what you pay for".

Quote:

Do I understand correctly that the bar is basically all at/below bar height? That is, there are no "upper cabinets" or walls hanging over the "bar" section that juts into the room, right?

-- Yes. Correctomundo.

I could move the seat forward closer to the screen but I'm not too thrilled on the prospect of getting dizzy by sitting so close to the screen.

I echo your idea with putting a surround on the bar on the wall near the office, as well as putting the back surrounds near the pool table. It would actually look quite nice and I could run the cable (I think) with relative ease. The problem child, indeed, is the left surround. As you noted, the cubby hole wall is rather close to the seating area, and if I put it on the wall to the left of the pool table (near the door there), it might get lost...maybe not though... the beam won't be blocking sound too bad, it's more a distance issue.

I love it when my house SCREAMS 7.1. That's what I'm talkin' about! I realize the potential is huge for this room and that why I toiled over that diagram (not a big deal.. I'm a computer geek).

Long story short, it's the speakers, and a limited budget to start with. I'm now eyeing the Yamaha V659 as per your recommendation. The price is right and it might, just might squeeze out enough *umph* for the M80's which I know Mojo has championed a few times in this thread.

And I appreciate your words on AV123 vs. Axiom. I'm strongly leaning towards Axiom (it's why I'm posting here, not there), but I wanted to get some honest feedback on it all.

My rookie plan:

Yamaha V659 (Now), Mits HD1000u (Now),
M60's (Now), VTF-3 (Now), QS8's (later), v150 (later), M22's/QS8's (later) for the 7.1 setup.

I'll see how my current surrounds stack up with that setup until I can afford the rest.

Thanks for *Volunteering* the feedback Tom (get it?) Anyone else have some ideas on that diagram?

Sincerely,

Kilroy