Funk (may I call you "Funk"? ), if you'll click on my screen name, you'll find my equipment listed in my profile.

Quote:

Well, I stand corrected I guess I meant "nobody credible" You know I'm kidding, Jack.

LOL! Actually, you were right in the first place.

Quote:

They're not even taking orders for the x-statik, are they?

Certainly not officially. They operate in a very informal manner. I'd be surprised if there isn't a list of those who want them and have called and asked to be put on that list. Don't know for certain though.

Quote:

And I agree with you about the quality of speakers, to a point. MY PERCEPTION is that the differences become much more pronounced in larger rooms and at higher volumes. Since Funkfuzz has ~4,000 cubic feet to fill, I don't think that even a high quality SMALLER speaker is going to be as effective as a bigger box. I guess what I'm trying to say is, all other things being equal, size matters.

No argument whatsoever.

Quote:

Regarding the HSU sub...I'm looking at it based on recommendation only... the EP500 looks mighty nice to me, but spendy.

Funk, the 500 justifies it's "spendy" qualities by having the DSP technology which renders it pretty close to bulletproof and provides a reasonably linear frequency response, not counting room interaction. (Of course, being a happy EP500 owner, I'm just a tad biased ). However, there is no denying that the HSUs provide a heck of a bang for the buck.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton